Are you looking to play a Live Baccarat game? Do you have a preference for live games? Now, playing your Baccarat at a live casino is an excellent choice. It is better than playing the game at a land-based casino. Typically, you get an HD connection to the studio when you load your game on your device and click the play button. In a very short time, you are live and ready to start your game.
In most cases, casinos offering live dealer baccarat games run around the clock. Therefore, when you click the play button, the game may already be underway. If this is the case, you might have to wait for a short while for the next betting window. This betting window allows you to place your bets and get rolling. Well, before this window appears, you can, in the meantime, review your scores through the displayed panel on your screen.
- Human dealer
- Multiple cameras
- Real casino experience
- Long waiting period for seats
- Fewer hands can be played
Game’s History and Origins
You can trace the history of the Baccarat card game back to medieval Italy.
Essentially, this is approximately five centuries ago. Baccarat started as a simple card game for the aristocrats and those in the upper social class. Though the exact origins are still uncertain, most researchers believe that the game was developed in the 15th century by a particular person named Felix Falguierein.
The original name for the game was ‘baccara,’ which is the Italian word for ‘zero.’ This name was derived from the fact that all the tens and face cards were valued at zero. When the game became more popular globally, ‘baccarat’ – French spelling – was adopted. It is also believed that the game was inspired by the old Etruscan fairy-tale where a virgin threw a nine-sided die.
According to this legend, the result of this throw determined her fate. If the result were a 9 or 8, then she would be elevated to become a priestess. A 7 or 6 would prevent her from engaging in religious and community events, while a result lesser than six would call for banishment and drowning into the sea. Though not quite a nice legend, the initial rules of the modern Baccarat arose from this tale.
Though you will not get banished or drowned in the ocean, you will usually lose the game if you get six or lower. The original game was also dealt with differently than it is today. During those times, you would have four dealers dealing the cards. As a player, you had the opportunity to be a banker. Players could place bets against other players and even the house itself. In modern Baccarat, you get only one dealer. In addition, the house is the banker, and you can only place your bets against the house.
Advantages and Disadvantages Over Regular Baccarat
Playing live Baccarat has more advantages than you would get from regular online Baccarat. You may be the player who loves the great casino lights, the cheering, and cross-the-table wine. These include:
Advantages of live casino baccarat include
- Convenience. With live online Baccarat, you don’t always have to travel now and then when you need to play. All you need is your phone or computer to get logged in. In addition, even if you would love traveling now and then for a game, you will need to get geared up, carry your ID, and match up the casino’s pace.
- You get to choose the dealer. With live Baccarat, you get to decide who deals you. In essence, you are the boss, and your preferences are respected.
- Availability of more variations than the regular joints.
- The controlled pace and less pressure when choosing tables.
- Closer look availed by multiple cameras to enhance your experience.
- Real human dealer.
There are a few slight disadvantages
- The quick pace. Normally, most gamblers prefer thinking fast and not waiting for other people to make decisions. If you love this kind of pace, you might have a better experience at the regular baccarat casinos. In addition, Live baccarat may prevent you from playing more hands.
- Lengthy waiting period for a seat. Since the game is normally continuous, you may have to wait for some time before starting playing. In essence, you will have to wait for somebody to leave the table so you can occupy it. While playing on an online casino, you have to sign in and start firing away.
Strategy – Our Top Tips to Maximize Your Live Baccarat Strategy
The best Baccarat winning strategy comes with a fair degree of chance involved in every hand that you get to play. The house edge will always be there, and if you thrive on statistics, it cannot be easily beaten. But you don’t have to beat the house edge to win in Baccarat. In Baccarat, you can make three types of bets:
- The banker
- The Tie and
- The player
Your choice is essentially dependent on your approach. However, you can play using the odds attached to these bets. Essentially, winning statistics are:
- 45.84 percent for the banker
- 44.61 percent for the player and
- 9.45 percent for the Tie
The following tips will make you get more winnings:
- If you are not using the system, use bet banker
- Decide what you are after since there is no best bet
- If your bet is the Tie, it does not matter
- There are no fallacies or hot tables. Don’t pin your expected win on hard facts. Just play within the current circumstances.
- If you lose, take it in stride
- Have fun while at it
- Have a fixed budget, don’t re-evaluate it while on the table.
Live Baccarat FAQ
Can live baccarat be rigged?
Essentially, if you are playing in a licensed casino, the live Baccarat is not rigged. Normally, it is broadcasted from a live land-based casino or game provider studio. This means that all you see on your screen is happening in real-time. The dealer never leaves the table, and you can even see shift changes on your screen.
Can I win real money playing live baccarat?
Of course! Unlike where you play the game in demo or free mode, live Baccarat will give you money for your wins. Once you win, you can withdraw your money right away.
Can I beat the dealer in live baccarat?
Essentially, your aim in live Baccarat is to guess which hand has a card with a value closest to 9, the banker or the Tie. If your guess is right, there you go; you just made a win.
Is live baccarat legal?
It is legal to play Baccarat in all licensed casinos. If the casino does not have a valid license, then you are risking your money.
Can I play the game on my mobile device?
Casinos have employed the skills of top developers to ensure that you get the best experience on whatever device you are using. Most casinos will provide you with a live baccarat version depending on your interface.